Thursday Jul 13, 2023
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
144 SE 7th St
Grand Rapids MN 55744
Registrations for a training session conducted by MPA requires that participants register 7 business days prior to the event. Registration after that time (if event space is available) will be subject to a $40.00 late registration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 business days of event.
Classes are now tablet based. Each participant will be provided an iPad to use during class.
Books are available for purchase - VDS Refresher $
If you would like to purchase a book, please note during registration and we will bring to class.
Bring a notebook if you would like for note taking. Pens will be provided
Link for information about tablets:
Vapor Distribution 4.1 and 4.2 Refresher
This class combines the best of the essential parts of Vapor Distribution 4.1 and 4.2. This class will review all the appropriate inspections, tests and procedures necessary to put a vapor propane system back into operation after an interruption of service, alteration of the system, out of gas situation or after a ‘leak’ or ‘I smell gas’ type of service call. In addition, the class will review the tasks and procedures required in selecting, delivering and installing propane containers, piping systems and regulators for customers. The class will cover the following:
This training will include an end of session test and certificates of completion.
• A brief review of the exterior propane system & 2 stage systems; 2# systems
• Conducting interior site assessment of piping and appliance
• Review and inspection of venting and ventilation
• Procedures for leak checking a system
• Purging air from gas piping systems & Placing appliances into operation
• Selecting, loading and transporting legal containers
• Underground tank installation and cathodic protection
• Installing containers and lines,
• Proper line sizing and line material selection
• Selecting and installing regulators and meters
• Conducting performance tests for installed regulators (flow and lock-up)