Monday Jul 17, 2023
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
Crystal Valley Coop
1911 Excel Drive
Mankato, MN 56001
Registrations for a training session conducted by MPA requires that participants register 7 business days prior to the event. Registration after that time (if event space is available) will be subject to a $40.00 late registration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 business days of event.
Classes are now tablet based. Each participant will be provided an iPad to use during class.
Books are available for purchase - Rail Car $27.25
If you would like to purchase a book, please note during registration and we will bring to class.
Bring a notebook if you would like for note taking. Pens will be provided
Link for information about tablets:
CETP 3.6 Performing Railcar Product Transfers:
This course provides an overview of key concepts and strategies for field personnel, primarily on safely loading and unloading railcars and maintaining DOT intermodal tanks. It provides information, practices, and procedures that support employees working in propane bulk plants that accept and dispatch railcar deliveries and/or handle and maintain DOT intermodal tanks.
Topics covered are:
· Identifying the hazards associated with handling and transferring propane and the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
· Railcar documentation, condition requirements and spotting procedures
· Bulk plant railcar loading/unloading systems and components, verifying the presence of odorant
· Loading and unloading railcar procedures
· Testing and inspection requirements for DOT intermodal (IM tanks, Preparing DOT intermodal tanks for transport, Maintenance of DOT intermodal tanks)