Training material intended for propane technicians who install residential and small commercial underground ASME tanks and piping. The program provides basic knowledge and requirements for the technician to properly and efficiently provide cathodic protection for underground steel ASME tanks and piping from corrosion. This program is divided into five sections.
1. An introduction covering the basics of corrosion, the principles of cathodic protection, and the methods to achieve protection.
2. Galvanic Protection including anodes, pre-installation procedures, installation procedures, electrical isolation, testing equipment, tank-to-soil potential tests, troubleshooting and retrofitting.
3. Impressed Current Overview which briefly covers installation and maintenance.
4. A 48 question fill-in-the-blank quiz with answer key.
5. A Skills Evaluation form.