Thursday Sep 21, 2023 Friday Sep 22, 2023
Minnesota Propane Association
12475 273rd Ave NW
Zimmerman, MN 55398
Registrations for a training session conducted by MPA requires that participants register 7 business days prior to the event. Registration after that time (if event space is available) will be subject to a $40.00 late registration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 business days of event.
Classes are now tablet based. Each participant will be provided an iPad to use during class.
Books are available for purchase.
Bobtail Delivery - $34.00
If you would like to purchase a book, please note during registration and we will bring to class.
Bring notebook if you would like for note taking
Link for information about tablets
Tablet Training Update
CETP 2.2 Bobtail Delivery:
This course provides information for drivers who operate commercial motor vehicles to deliver propane. It provides practices and procedures that support many general delivery tasks. Primarily designed to train employees who operate a bobtail, the most common vehicle used for transporting and delivering propane to individual customers.
The topics covered are:
· DOT Licensing and Driving Requirements
· Vehicle Inspections, Identification, and documentation
· Safely handling hazardous materials
· Handling Out-Of-Gas Calls
· Driving defensively
· Vehicle parking, servicing and security
· Bobtail equipment and systems, including cargo tank, gauges, valves, pumps, meters, delivery hoses and emergency discharge control equipment.
· Presents detailed procedures for safely loading a bobtail using the plant pump.
· Discusses DOT requirements for bobtail inspections.
· Reviews the features and installation requirements of ASME tanks at customer locations.