Bobtail Delivery Refresher
This course is designed to provide the essential review of key safety issues and regulatory requirements that affect bulk propane delivery to customers. In addition, students will receive any updated information on propane bobtails and applicable DOT Regulations. The course will include:
This training will include an end of session test and certificates of completion.
• Identifying NFPA 58 requirements for residential propane supply container installation
• ‘Out of Gas’ and ‘Odor’ complaint call procedures.
• Performing a gas system leak check
• Review the basic features of a bobtail delivery system
• Procedures for maintaining and operating pumps and associated circuits on the vehicle
• Review the bobtail discharge system and DOT mandated inspection of the system.
• Review components of bulk plant loading and unloading systems.
• Loading procedures for a bobtail and proper filling limits.
• Examining customer exterior equipment and installation per NFPA 58 requirements
• Procedures for evacuating ASME tanks and transporting them back to the plant.