Tuesday Aug 2, 2022
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CDT
August 2, 2022
Prairies Edge Casino
5616 Prairies Edge Lane
Granite Falls, MN 56241
Registrations for a training session conducted by MPA requires that participants register 7 business days prior to the event. Registration after that time (if event space is available) will be subject to a $40.00 late registration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 business days of event.
Bobtail Delivery Refresher
This course is designed to provide the essential review of key safety issues and regulatory requirements that affect bulk propane delivery to customers. In addition, students will receive any updated information on propane bobtails and applicable DOT Regulations. The course will include:
This training will include an end of session test and certificates of completion.
• Identifying NFPA 58 requirements for residential propane supply container installation
• ‘Out of Gas’ and ‘Odor’ complaint call procedures.
• Performing a gas system leak check
• Review the basic features of a bobtail delivery system
• Procedures for maintaining and operating pumps and associated circuits on the vehicle
• Review the bobtail discharge system and DOT mandated inspection of the system.
• Review components of bulk plant loading and unloading systems.
• Loading procedures for a bobtail and proper filling limits.
• Examining customer exterior equipment and installation per NFPA 58 requirements
• Procedures for evacuating ASME tanks and transporting them back to the plant.
Bring a smartphone, tablet or laptop if you have one available for online testing