CETP 1.1 Basic Principles and Practices:
This course provides an overview of key concepts and strategies for field personnel and will aid in preparing for the PERC’s CETP certification. Basic Principles and Practices of Propane is an essential tool for ensuring employee safety and continuing success.
· State the advantages of using propane.
· Describe propane customer applications and strategies for quality customer relations.
· Identify sources, physical properties, and effects of pressure and temperature on propane.
· Verify characteristics and purposes of odorants.
· Identify and respond appropriately to service interruptions.
· Identify complete and incomplete combustion characteristics.
· Identify which propane industry standards, codes, and regulations correspond to job-related tasks.
· Recognize and use appropriate personal protective equipment, practices, and procedures.
· Describe features of bulk plants, DOT/ICC cylinders, and other propane equipment and systems.